Main content area
You searched for: Subject "alpacas" Remove constraint Subject: "alpacas" Subject Peru Remove constraint Subject: Peru Subject alpacas Remove constraint Subject: alpacas Subject heritability Remove constraint Subject: heritability Subject genetic correlation Remove constraint Subject: genetic correlation Text Availability Citation in PubAg Remove constraint Text Availability: Citation in PubAg
3 Search Results
- Pinares, Rubén; Gutiérrez, Gustavo Augusto; Cruz, Alan; Morante, Renzo; Cervantes, Isabel; Burgos, Alonso; Gutiérrez, Juan Pablo
- Small ruminant research 2018 v.165 pp. 93-100
- alpacas, etc ; demonstration farms; genetic correlation; heritability; males; pedigree; statistical models; Peru; Show all 8 Subjects
- ... The aim of this research was to estimate for the first time the heritability and genetic relationship between medullation and fiber diameter in each fiber by itself. A total of 21,600 fibers from 36 samples from white fleeces, 600 fibers each sample, from males between 0.4 and 10.4 years old from Pacomarca experimental farm (Inca Group, Puno, Peru) were tested using projection microscope (PM). The ...
2. Genetic parameters and relationships between fibre and type traits in two breeds of Peruvian alpacas
- Cervantes, I.; Pérez-Cabal, M.A.; Morante, R.; Burgos, A.; Salgado, C.; Nieto, B.; Goyache, F.; Gutiérrez, J.P.
- Small ruminant research 2010 v.88 no.1 pp. 6-11
- alpacas, etc ; animal breeding; heritability; sustainable agriculture; fleece; wool production; livestock production; traditional farming; genotype; diameter; body regions; wool; quantitative traits; breed differences; volume; genetic correlation; indigenous species; selection criteria; Andes region; Peru; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Four fibre traits (fibre diameter, FD; coefficient of variation of FD, comfort factor; and standard deviation of FD) were jointly analysed with six subjectively scored type traits (fleece density, crimp, lock structure, head, coverage, and balance) in two breeds of Peruvian Altiplano alpaca (Suri, SU; and Huacayo, HU) to ascertain their genetic relationship. A total of 2405 fibre records and 2194 ...
- Gutiérrez, J.P.; Goyache, F.; Burgos, A.; Cervantes, I.
- Livestock science 2009 v.123 no.2-3 pp. 193-197
- alpacas, etc ; fleece; diameter; genetic correlation; natural fibers; fiber quality; heritability; animal performance; animal genetics; Peru; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... In this study a total of 6499 records were obtained for fibre diameter (FD) and coefficient of variation of FD (CV), 3283 records for greasy fleece weight (GFW), staple length (SL) and shearing interval (SI) and 1802 records of textile value index (TV) obtained from an experimental herd of alpacas exploited in the Peruvian Altiplano. The estimated heritabilities were: 0.412±0.015 (FD), 0.321±0.013 ...