Jump to Main Content
- Bachtiar, Erik Valentine, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Wood science and technology 2019 v.53 no.2 pp. 425-445
- Picea abies; biodegradation; cell walls; dimensional stability; mechanical properties; models; modulus of elasticity; polymerization; rolling; styrene; wood
- ... Chemical modification of wood mainly aims at improving dimensional stability, resistance to biodeterioration and surface degradation. In some cases, it is specifically targeted at adapting or improving mechanical performance. However, a general understanding of the effects of chemical modification on the mechanical properties of wood, which would facilitate more efficient modification strategies, ...
- Bachtiar, Erik Valentine, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Green chemistry 2018 v.20 no.6 pp. 1375-1382
- Coniophora puteana; Gloeophyllum trabeum; Picea abies; Rhodonia placenta; ammonium nitrate; antifungal properties; brown-rot fungi; cell walls; cerium; coatings; construction materials; decayed wood; durability; enzymes; green chemistry; hydrolysis; hydroxyl radicals; risk; stabilizers; titanium; titanium dioxide; weathering; wood preservatives; xerogels
- ... The use of wood as an eco-friendly building material requires the development of environmentally benign wood preservatives, which are ideally non-toxic during and after the service life. However, too little is known about the protection of wood against wood decay fungi using non-biocidal methods, and as a result, simple but effective methods that increase the service life without environmental or ...