Jump to Main Content
- Businge, Edward, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Physiologia plantarum 2013 v.149 no.2 pp. 273-285
- Picea abies; germination; karsts; maltose; monitoring; photography; polyethylene glycol; proteomics; raffinose; seed development; somatic embryogenesis; somatic embryos; starch; storage proteins; sucrose
- ... Somatic embryogenesis (SE) represents a useful experimental system for studying the regulatory mechanisms of embryo development. In this study, the effect of carbohydrates and osmoticum on storage reserve accumulation and germination of Norway spruce [Picea abies (L.) Karst] somatic embryos were investigated. Using time lapse photography, we monitored development from proliferation of proembryogen ...
- Businge, Edward, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Tree physiology 2012 v.32 no.2 pp. 232-244
- Picea abies; auxins; biochemical pathways; breeding; conifers; developmental stages; gas chromatography; genetic improvement; mass spectrometry; metabolites; metabolome; multivariate analysis; signal transduction; somatic embryogenesis; somatic embryos; stress response; sugars
- ... Progress on industrial-scale propagation of conifers by somatic embryogenesis has been hampered by the differences in developmental capabilities between cell lines, which are limiting the capture of genetic gains from breeding programs. In this study, we investigated the metabolic events occurring during somatic embryo development in Norway spruce to establish a better understanding of the fundame ...