Jump to Main Content
- Green, Carly, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- European journal of forest research 2007 v.126 no.2 pp. 179-188
- Picea sitchensis; United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change; aboveground biomass; belowground biomass; carbon; equations; forest yields; models; roots; trees; uncertainty; wood density; Ireland
- ... Reporting carbon (C) stocks in tree biomass (above- and belowground) to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) should be transparent and verifiable. The development of nationally specific data is considered ‘good practice’ to assist in meeting these reporting requirements. From this study, biomass functions were developed for estimating above- and belowground C stock in ...
- Green, Carly, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Plant and soil 2006 v.287 no.1-2 pp. 161-176
- Picea sitchensis; forest trees; forest soils; soil respiration; seasonal variation; forest stands; soil water content; soil temperature; drought; soil organic matter; forest ecosystems; Ireland
- ... We investigated the causes for the seasonal and spatial variation of soil respiration in a first rotation Sitka spruce chronosequence composed of four age classes (10, 15, 31, and 47 year old) in Central Ireland. The study aimed at identifying easily determinable environmental parameters that explained the variation in soil respiration rates. The variation in temperature and soil water content inf ...