Jump to Main Content
- Wingsle, Gunnar, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Planta 2001 v.213 no.2 pp. 272-279
- Northern blotting; Pinus sylvestris; Populus tremula; cDNA libraries; complementary DNA; genes; hybrids; isoelectric point; screening; superoxide dismutase
- ... Several CuZn-superoxide dismutases (SODs; EC 184.108.40.206) were cloned from hybrid aspen (Populus tremula L. × tremuloides Michx.). Two of the cloned genes encode representatives of a novel type of CuZn-SOD and we named it HipI-SOD because of its high isoelectric point (≥9). The SODs were cloned by screening a cDNA library with a probe based on a Scots pine (Pinus sylvestris L.) CuZn-SOD that is predo ...
- WINGSLE, GUNNAR, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Global change biology 2007 v.13 no.1 pp. 252-265
- Pinus sylvestris; alpha-carotene; beta-carotene; chlorophyll; conifer needles; filters; flavonoids; freezing; high performance liquid chromatography; light intensity; lutein; neoxanthin; phenolic compounds; photosynthesis; saplings; screening; spring; summer; temperature; ultraviolet radiation; winter; Finland
- ... The effects of ultraviolet (UV) radiation on the photosynthetic and UV-screening pigments in needles of Scots pine (Pinus sylvestris L.) saplings were studied in a UV-exclusion field chamber experiment in northern Finland (67°N) during 2001-2002. The chambers held filters that excluded both UVB and UVA, only UVB, transmitted all UV, or lacked filters. Analyses of control needles (no filter and pol ...
- Wingsle, Gunnar, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Physiologia plantarum 1994 v.90 no.2 pp. 358-366
- Pinus sylvestris; chlorophyll; fluorescence; gene expression; genes; messenger RNA; neoxanthin; photosynthesis; plant stress; seedlings; shoots; stress response; zeaxanthin
- ... Inhibition of photosynthesis plays an important role during winter‐spring stress in evergreen plants such as Scots pine (Pinus sylvestris L.). In this experiment, naturally established three‐year‐old Scots pine seedlings were studied during recovery from winter stress, under natural conditions from May to the beginning of June. A comparison was made between top shoot needles exposed to sun and, pr ...