Jump to Main Content
- Ahmad, Hafiz Adeel, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2018 v.251 pp. 13-21
- Planctomycetes; Proteobacteria; anaerobic ammonium oxidation; bacterial communities; bioreactors; carbon; chemical oxygen demand; databases; denitrification; denitrifying microorganisms; fouling; genes; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; organic matter; quantitative polymerase chain reaction
- ... A distinct shift of bacterial community driven by organic matter (OM) and powder activated carbon (PAC) was discovered in the simultaneous anammox and denitrification (SAD) process which was operated in an anti-fouling submerged anaerobic membrane bio-reactor. Based on anammox performance, optimal OM dose (50 mg/L) was advised to start up SAD process successfully. The results of qPCR and high thro ...
- Ahmad, Hafiz Adeel, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2017 v.241 pp. 681-691
- Chlorobi; Planctomycetes; Proteobacteria; aeration; ammonia; anaerobic ammonium oxidation; biofilters; community structure; enzymology; microbial communities; nitrogen; nitrogen content; oxygen; pH; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; wastewater
- ... A permanent microbial stratified nitrogen removal system coupling anammox with partial nitrification (SNAP) in a sequencing batch biofilter granular reactor (SBBGR) was successfully constructed for the treatment of ammonia-rich wastewater. With a nitrogen loading rate of 0.1kgNm−3·d−1, the maximal ammonia and total nitrogen removal efficiencies could reach up to 96.08% and 84.86% on day 108, respe ...