Jump to Main Content
- Ahmad, Hafiz Adeel, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- RSC advances 2018 v.8 no.43 pp. 24305-24311
- Nitrosomonadaceae; Planctomyces; Pseudomonas; aerobes; ammonia; anaerobes; anaerobic ammonium oxidation; bacteria; bacterial communities; community structure; denitrification; greenhouse gas emissions; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; nitrous oxide; temperature
- ... In this study, greenhouse gas emissions and microbial community succession during the realization of the partial nitrification (PN) process were studied. The results show that N₂O emission mainly occurred in the aerobic stage and the PN reactor released about 20 mg of N₂O gas each cycle. There is a positive correlation between the dissolved N₂O concentration and the temperature of a typical cycle. ...
- Ahmad, Hafiz Adeel, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- International biodeterioration & biodegradation 2018 v.134 pp. 7-15
- Bacteroidetes; Euryarchaeota; Pseudomonas; Ralstonia; biotransformation; cell membranes; cytotoxicity; dimethyl sulfoxide; flame retardants; granules; polybrominated diphenyl ethers; sludge; solvents; wastewater treatment
- ... Decabromodiphenyl ether (BDE-209) is used widely as a flame retardant and deserves more attention due to its potential danger to environment. Previous studies generally considered that BDE-209 degraded slowly in environment. Herein, a rapid reductive debromination of BDE-209 to BDE-154 was demonstrated with simultaneous stoichiometric bromide recovery (45%) in 10 h driven by the anaerobic granules ...