Jump to Main Content
- Huang, Jiayu, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of materials chemistry B 2019 v.7 no.18 pp. 2954-2961
- Escherichia coli; Pseudomonas aeruginosa; Staphylococcus aureus; angiogenesis; bacteria; bacterial infections; coculture; cryogels; fibroblasts; gelatin; granulation tissue; inflammation; keratinocytes; nanosilver; platelet-derived growth factor; silver; tissue repair
- ... Diabetic wounds are characterized by sustained chronic inflammation, and decreased granulation tissue formation and vascularization, and it is a great challenge for researchers to promote chronic wound healing. In this study, we fabricate a bilayer skin substrate composed of a top layer made of silver-loaded gelatine cryogel and a bottom layer made of a platelet-derived growth factor-BB (PDGF-BB) ...
- Leong, Jiayu, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Macromolecules 2014 v.47 no.4 pp. 1285-1291
- Candida albicans; Escherichia coli; Pseudomonas aeruginosa; Staphylococcus aureus; antibacterial properties; antibiotics; antifungal properties; biodegradability; cell membranes; erythrocytes; fungi; hemolysis; imidazoles; minimum inhibitory concentration; multiple drug resistance; polymers; pyridines; rats
- ... Synthetic polymeric antimicrobials have received enormous attention recently on the back of increasing multidrug-resistance microbes. While conventional small molecular antibiotics act on specific targets to inhibit microbe activities, macromolecular antimicrobials physically destroy cell membranes of the organism rendering them ineffective; the mechanism of the latter aids in the prevention of de ...