Jump to Main Content
- McFadden, Michael S., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association 2011 v.239 no.6 pp. 803-807
- Python regius; anesthesia; heart; histopathology; isoflurane; oxygen; snakes
- ... Objective—To assess the clinical differences between induction of anesthesia in ball pythons with intracardiac administration of propofol and induction with isoflurane in oxygen and to assess the histologic findings over time in hearts following intracardiac administration of propofol. Design—Prospective randomized study. Animals—30 hatchling ball pythons (Python regius). Procedures—Anesthesia was ...
- McFadden, Michael S., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- American journal of veterinary research 2011 v.72 no.10 pp. 1397-1406
- Python regius; extrusion; fibrosis; granulocytes; inflammation; lacerations; lymphocytes; macrophages; muscles; snakes; sutures; tissues
- ... Objective—To evaluate histologic reactions to 8 suture materials and cyanoacrylate tissue adhesive (CTA) in the musculature and skin of ball pythons. Animals—30 hatchling ball pythons. Procedures—In each snake, ten 1-cm skin incisions were made (day 0). At 8 sites, a suture of 1 of 8 materials was placed in the epaxial musculature, and the incision was closed with the same material. One incision w ...