Jump to Main Content
- Rasco, Barbara A., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Analytical chemistry 2013 v.85 no.4 pp. 2320-2327
- Raman spectroscopy; antibiotic resistance; bacterial infections; biosensors; clones; cross infection; early diagnosis; genes; humans; least squares; methicillin; methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus; models; monitoring; multilocus sequence typing; polymerase chain reaction; prediction; rapid methods; China; United States
- ... Rapid detection and differentiation of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) are critical for the early diagnosis of difficult-to-treat nosocomial and community acquired clinical infections and improved epidemiological surveillance. We developed a microfluidics chip coupled with surface enhanced Raman scattering (SERS) spectroscopy (532 nm) “lab-on-a-chip” system to rapidly detect and ...
- PubMed Central:
- Rasco, Barbara A., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Applied and environmental microbiology 2011 v.77 no.15 pp. 5257-5269
- Allium sativum; Campylobacter jejuni; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Raman spectroscopy; antibacterial properties; antioxidants; bacteria; cell membranes; chemometrics; diallyl sulfides; discriminant analysis; garlic; least squares; lipids; models; phenolic compounds; polysaccharides; proteins; scanning electron microscopy; sulfur; transmission electron microscopy
- ... Fourier transform infrared (FT-IR) spectroscopy and Raman spectroscopy were used to study the cell injury and inactivation of Campylobacter jejuni from exposure to antioxidants from garlic. C. jejuni was treated with various concentrations of garlic concentrate and garlic-derived organosulfur compounds in growth media and saline at 4, 22, and 35°C. The antimicrobial activities of the diallyl sulfi ...
- PubMed Central: