Jump to Main Content
- Oroń, Jadwiga, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Acta Societatis Botanicorum Poloniae 2000 v.69 no.4 pp. 257-261
- Rhizobium leguminosarum; glass; nitrogen content; pouches; sand; soil pH; Poland
- ... A sand pouch-plant infection technique for counting most probable numbers of rhizobia in soil is described. Populations of Rhizobium leguminosarum bv. trifoli detected by the plant infection method performed in enclosed glass tubes or in sand pouches did not differ significantly. The described method was used to assess numbers of R. leguminosarum bv. trifoli (R.l.t.) and bv. viciae (R.l.v.) in 20 ...
- Oroń, Jadwiga, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Acta Societatis Botanicorum Poloniae 2005 v.74 no.1 pp. 83-86
- Bradyrhizobium; Ensifer meliloti; Lupinus; Ornithopus sativus; Rhizobium leguminosarum; Vicia; alfalfa; bacteria; faba beans; peas; physicochemical properties; root nodules; sand; soil; symbionts; Poland
- ... Using a sand pouch-plant infection method, populations of several species of root-nodule bacteria (rhizobia) were enumerated in eighty soils collected throughout Poland. Rhizobium leguminosarum bv. viciae (symbionts of pea, faba bean, vetch) and R. leguminosarum bv. trifolii (symbionts of clover) were detected in 77 and 76 soils, respectively. Most of these soils contained moderate and high number ...