Jump to Main Content
- Panas, Panayiotis, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2009 v.100 no.20 pp. 4854-4862
- molasses; alcoholic fermentation; batch fermentation; ethanol production; grapes; Saccharomyces cerevisiae; thermophilic fungi; yeasts; immobilized cells; internal transcribed spacers; ribosomal DNA; sequence analysis; mitochondrial DNA; volatile organic compounds; Greece
- ... Molasses fermentation performance by both a cryotolerant and a thermophilic yeast (strain AXAZ-1) isolated from grapes in Greece was evaluated in an extremely wide temperature range (3-40°C). Sequence analysis of the 5.8S internal transcribed spacer and the D1/D2 ribosomal DNA (rDNA) regions assigned isolate to Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Restriction fragment length polymorphism of the mitochondrial ...
- Panas, Panayiotis, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2017 v.84 pp. 344-352
- Aspergillus niger; Citrus medica; Escherichia coli; Listeria monocytogenes; Pseudomonas fragi; Saccharomyces cerevisiae; Salmonella Enteritidis; Salmonella Typhimurium; Staphylococcus aureus; Staphylococcus epidermidis; antimicrobial properties; essential oils; food industry; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; human cell lines; limonene; melanoma; nitric oxide; oils; solid phase microextraction
- ... The aim of the study was to investigate the antimicrobial and antiproliferative activity of Citrus medica essential oil produced by hydrostillation and evaluate its commercial potential in the food industry. The main constituent of the C. medica peels and essential oil identified by SPME GC/MS or GC/MS analysis was limonene (≈88 and 64%, respectively). The antimicrobial properties were assayed and ...