Jump to Main Content
- Imbs, Tatiana I., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Carbohydrate polymers 2016 v.135 pp. 162-168
- Coccophora langsdorfii; Fucus evanescens; adenocarcinoma; antineoplastic activity; beta-glucans; fucoidan; mannitol; melanoma; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; sulfates; Sea of Japan
- ... Laminaran, fucoidan, and alginate were isolated from the brown alga Coccophora langsdorfii collected in the Japan Sea. The structural characteristics of polysaccharides were investigated by NMR spectroscopy. The laminaran was determined as β-d-glucan, which consisted of 80% of 1,3- and 20% of 1,6-linked residues and was terminated with mannitol. The alginate was a guluronic acid-rich polysaccharid ...
- Imbs, Tatiana I., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of applied phycology 2010 v.22 no.1 pp. 79-86
- Undaria pinnatifida; esters; fractionation; fucoidan; fucose; galactose; juveniles; mannose; mass spectrometry; mature plants; molecular weight; oligosaccharides; sulfates; Russia; Sea of Japan
- ... Crude fucoidan was extracted from the brown alga Undaria pinnatifida collected monthly from April to last July in Peter the Great Bay (Japan Sea, Russia). The amount of crude fucoidan rose markedly from April to June-July (from 3.2 to 16.0% dry weight) as the plant matures. An analysis of the monosaccharide composition of the fucoidan extracted showed that the alga synthesized polysaccharides with ...