Jump to Main Content
- Rode, Kristina, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Theriogenology 2020 v.148 pp. 122-131
- Leydig cells; Sertoli cells; Western blotting; adults; antibodies; atrophy; cytoplasm; dogs; fluorescent antibody technique; gene expression regulation; immunohistochemistry; messenger RNA; neoplasm progression; neoplasms; protein content; proteins; puberty; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; spermatogenesis; staining; tight junctions; transcription (genetics)
- ... The blood-testis barrier (BTB) consists of different cell-to-cell connections, including tight junction proteins like claudin-11 (CLDN11). For dogs, only limited data is published dealing with these proteins in general. Therefore, their physiological relevance, their postnatal expression, and their distribution pattern in pathological conditions, e.g. in altered spermatogenesis and testicular neop ...
- Rode, Kristina, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Reproductive Biology 2018 v.18 no.4 pp. 456-466
- Sertoli cells; adulthood; adults; apoptosis; connexins; gap junctions; genotype; immunohistochemistry; males; mice; postnatal development; puberty; spermatocytes; spermatogenesis; spermatogonia
- ... For the reason that adult Sertoli cell specific connexin 43 knockout (SCCx43KO) mice show arrested spermatogenesis at spermatogonial level or Sertoli cell only tubules and significantly reduced germ cell (GC) numbers, the aims of the present study were (1) to characterize the remaining GC population and (2) to elucidate possible mechanisms of their fading. Apoptosis was analyzed in both, KO and wi ...