Jump to Main Content
- Zhu, Mu-yuan, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of Zhejiang University 2019 v.20 no.4 pp. 322-331
- Gloxinia; Sinningia speciosa; complementary DNA; flowering date; gene overexpression; messenger RNA; microRNA; ornamental plants; polymerase chain reaction; tissues; transgenic plants
- ... We investigated the microRNA172 (miR172)-mediated regulatory network for the perception of changes in external and endogenous signals to identify a universally applicable floral regulation system in ornamental plants, manipulation of which could be economically beneficial. Transgenic gloxinia plants, in which miR172 was either overexpressed or suppressed, were generated using Agrobacterium-mediate ...
- Zhu, Mu-Yuan, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- In vitro cellular & developmental biology 2012 v.48 no.2 pp. 167-171
- Gloxinia; Sinningia speciosa; buds; calyx; culture media; flowering; gene expression; leaves; polymerase chain reaction; shoots; sucrose
- ... Previous studies have shown that Cucumber-FLO-LFY (CFL) overexpression significantly promotes early flowering without a gibberellin (GA3) supplement in gloxinia (Sinningia speciosa), suggesting that CFL can serve functionally as a LEAFY homolog. In the present study, different sucrose concentrations were applied to the culture medium to investigate the effects of sucrose on the development of exci ...
- Zhu, Mu-Yuan, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Plant molecular biology 2008 v.67 no.4 pp. 419-427
- Cucumis sativus; Sinningia speciosa; abscisic acid; buds; cucumbers; flowering; gene overexpression; genes; gibberellins; hormones; meristems
- ... Leafy (LFY) and LFY-like genes control the initiation of floral meristems and regulate MADS-box genes in higher plants. The Cucumber-FLO-LFY (CFL) gene, a LFY homolog in Cucumis sativus L. is expressed in the primordia, floral primordia, and each whirl of floral organs during the early stage of flower development. In this study, functions of CFL in flower development were investigated by overexpre ...