Jump to Main Content
- Wu, Ziyin, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Geomorphology 2019 v.344 pp. 60-74
- basins; canyons; gas hydrate; geophysics; rivers; sea level; surveys; turbidity; South China Sea
- ... Repeat multibeam bathymetric surveys conducted in 2004, 2005 and 2018 show that seven slope-confined canyons on the continental slope of the Pearl River Mouth Basin, South China Sea, were dominated by large volume, widespread erosion. Erosion volumes were up to 3.4 times greater than deposition volumes. Erosion-dominated areas of the canyons are up to 2.3 times greater than areas dominated by depo ...
- Wu, ZiYin, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Chinese science bulletin 2012 v.57 no.24 pp. 3182-3191
- models; tectonics; South China Sea
- ... On the basis of the summary of basic characteristics of propagation, the dynamic model of the tectonic evolution in the Southwestern Subbasin (SWSB), South China Sea (SCS), has been established through high resolution multi-beam swatch bathymetry and multi-channel seismic profiles, combined with magnetic anomaly analysis. Spreading propagates from NE to SW and shows a transition from steady seaflo ...