Jump to Main Content
- Diez, Concepcion M., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- The new phytologist 2015 v.206 no.1 pp. 436-447
- Bayesian theory; Olea europaea; data collection; domestication; gene pool; genetic variation; germplasm; loci; microsatellite repeats; models; oils; olives; temperate zones; Spain
- ... Olive (Olea europaea ssp. europaea) is the most important oil fruit crop in temperate areas, but the origin of the cultivated olive remains unclear. The existence of one or several domestication events in the Mediterranean Basin (MB) is still debated. We analyzed a dataset of 387 cultivated and wild accessions that were genotyped at 25 simple‐sequence repeat (SSR) loci. The sample represented gene ...
- Diez, Concepcion M., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Crop science 2012 v.52 no.1 pp. 211-221
- Olea europaea; algorithms; alleles; computer software; cultivars; data collection; genotype; germplasm; germplasm conservation; microsatellite repeats; olives; Spain
- ... Core collections reflecting the diversity of large germplasm collections are valuable tools to conserve and evaluate the genetic resources more effectively. Three strategies using two different search algorithms were trained to develop the most representative nested core collection of the World Olive Germplasm Bank (WOGB) of Cordoba (Spain), the largest and best characterized collection of olive ( ...
- Díez, Concepción M., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Annals of botany 2011 v.108 no.5 pp. 797-807
- Olea europaea; basins; canopy; cultivars; domestication; fruit crops; genetic variation; genotype; germplasm conservation; longevity; microsatellite repeats; models; olives; phylogeny; roots; trees; Spain
- ... BACKGROUND AND AIMS: Genetic characterization and phylogenetic analysis of the oldest trees could be a powerful tool both for germplasm collection and for understanding the earliest origins of clonally propagated fruit crops. The olive tree (Olea europaea L.) is a suitable model to study the origin of cultivars due to its long lifespan, resulting in the existence of both centennial and millennial ...
- PubMed Central: