Jump to Main Content
- Díez, Concepción M., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Annals of botany 2011 v.108 no.5 pp. 797-807
- Olea europaea; basins; canopy; cultivars; domestication; fruit crops; genetic variation; genotype; germplasm conservation; longevity; microsatellite repeats; models; olives; phylogeny; roots; trees; Spain
- ... BACKGROUND AND AIMS: Genetic characterization and phylogenetic analysis of the oldest trees could be a powerful tool both for germplasm collection and for understanding the earliest origins of clonally propagated fruit crops. The olive tree (Olea europaea L.) is a suitable model to study the origin of cultivars due to its long lifespan, resulting in the existence of both centennial and millennial ...
- PubMed Central:
- Diez, Concepcion M., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Crop science 2012 v.52 no.1 pp. 211-221
- Olea europaea; algorithms; alleles; computer software; cultivars; data collection; genotype; germplasm; germplasm conservation; microsatellite repeats; olives; Spain
- ... Core collections reflecting the diversity of large germplasm collections are valuable tools to conserve and evaluate the genetic resources more effectively. Three strategies using two different search algorithms were trained to develop the most representative nested core collection of the World Olive Germplasm Bank (WOGB) of Cordoba (Spain), the largest and best characterized collection of olive ( ...
- Diez, Concepcion M., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Tree genetics & genomes 2014 v.10 no.1 pp. 141-155
- crops; cultivars; genotype; germplasm; microsatellite repeats; olives; Spain
- ... Olive is one of the most ancient crop plants and the World Olive Germplasm Bank of Cordoba (WOGBC), Spain, is one of the world’s largest collections of olive germplasm. We used 33 SSR (Simple Sequence Repeats) markers and 11 morphological characteristics of the endocarp to characterise, identify and authenticate 824 trees, representing 499 accessions from 21 countries of origin, from the WOGBC col ...