Jump to Main Content
- Nuez, Ignacio, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Energy policy 2019 v.132 pp. 839-853
- carbon dioxide; economic valuation; electric energy consumption; electric power; electricity; electricity generation; energy costs; energy policy; greenhouse gas emissions; international tourism; tourists; Canary Islands; Spain
- ... The Canary Islands is a European archipelago whose principal economic activity is international tourism. Due to its geographic isolation, it does not have any connection with continental electricity grids. The Spanish state subsidises the extra cost of electrical energy generation in isolated systems. The purpose of this study is to quantify the proportion of the electricity bill that corresponds ...
- de la Nuez, Ignacio, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Renewable energy 2019 v.134 pp. 186-193
- economic evaluation; electric energy consumption; electric power; energy; philosophy; prices; society; solar energy; wind; wind power; Canary Islands; Spain
- ... The rise in energy consumption in modern societies has been unprecedented in recent decades. Non-dispatchable renewable energies include all the generation sources which have intermittent and uncertain characteristics such as wind and solar photovoltaic energies. The incorporation of high levels of penetration of variable energy sources generates new costs for the rest of the electric system, crea ...