Jump to Main Content
- Nuno F.F. Moreira; Carla A. Orge; Ana R. Ribeiro; Joaquim L. Faria; Olga C. Nunes; M. Fernando R. Pereira; Adrián M.T. Silva
- Water research 2015 v.87 pp. 87-96
- Escherichia coli; Staphylococcus aureus; amoxicillin; aqueous solutions; carbon; diclofenac; drugs; growth retardation; hormones; microorganisms; mineralization; oxidation; ozonation; ozone; pesticides; photocatalysis; photolysis; pollutants; toxicity; vapors; wastewater
- ... The degradation of two organic pollutants (amoxicillin and diclofenac) in 0.1 mM aqueous solutions was studied by using advanced oxidation processes, namely ozonation, photolysis, photolytic ozonation, photocatalysis and photocatalytic ozonation. Diclofenac was degraded quickly under direct photolysis by artificial light (medium-pressure vapor arc, λexc > 300 nm), while amoxicillin remained very s ...
- João H. O. S. Pereira; Ana C. Reis; Olga C. Nunes; Maria T. Borges; Vítor J. P. Vilar; Rui A. R. Boaventura
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2014 v.21 no.2 pp. 1292-1303
- Escherichia coli; Staphylococcus aureus; amoxicillin; anions; antibacterial properties; carboxylic acids; detection limit; dissolved organic carbon; hydroxyl radicals; inorganic ions; mineralization; molecular weight; nitrogen; photolysis; singlet oxygen; solar radiation; sulfur; veterinary medicine
- ... The objective of this work was to evaluate the efficiency of a solar TiO₂-assisted photocatalytic process on amoxicillin (AMX) degradation, an antibiotic widely used in human and veterinary medicine. Firstly, solar photolysis of AMX was compared with solar photocatalysis in a compound parabolic collectors pilot scale photoreactor to assess the amount of accumulated UV energy in the system (QUV) ne ...