Jump to Main Content
- Nuno F.F. Moreira; Carla A. Orge; Ana R. Ribeiro; Joaquim L. Faria; Olga C. Nunes; M. Fernando R. Pereira; Adrián M.T. Silva
- Water research 2015 v.87 pp. 87-96
- Escherichia coli; Staphylococcus aureus; amoxicillin; aqueous solutions; carbon; diclofenac; drugs; growth retardation; hormones; microorganisms; mineralization; oxidation; ozonation; ozone; pesticides; photocatalysis; photolysis; pollutants; toxicity; vapors; wastewater
- ... The degradation of two organic pollutants (amoxicillin and diclofenac) in 0.1 mM aqueous solutions was studied by using advanced oxidation processes, namely ozonation, photolysis, photolytic ozonation, photocatalysis and photocatalytic ozonation. Diclofenac was degraded quickly under direct photolysis by artificial light (medium-pressure vapor arc, λexc > 300 nm), while amoxicillin remained very s ...
- Shadpour Mallakpour; Mohaddeseh Abbasi
- International journal of biological macromolecules 2020 v.151 pp. 909-923
- Escherichia coli; Staphylococcus aureus; acetic acid; antibacterial properties; aqueous solutions; bacteria; body fluids; chitosan; hydroxyapatite; mineralization; moieties; nanocomposites; nanoparticles; nanosilver; polymers; silica; silver; surface area; tissue engineering; ultrasonics
- ... The goal of this research was the fabrication of chitosan (CT)-tragacanth gum (TG)/SiO₂ nanocomposite as a potential use in tissue engineering. For the antibacterial activity induction and stabilization of SiO₂ nanoparticles (NPs) in the polymer matrix, SiO₂ and green synthesized Ag NPs were hybrid with SiO₂/Ag. Then, the obtained hybrids were inserted into the CT-TG blend, separately. The ultraso ...