Jump to Main Content
- Peñalver, J., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Environmental pollution 2020 v.267 pp. 115367
- Delphinus delphis; Physeter macrocephalus; Stenella coeruleoalba; Tursiops truncatus; bioaccumulation; coasts; dolphins; environmental fate; food chain; habitats; liver; muscle tissues; muscles; perfluorocarbons; pharmacokinetics; pollution; stable isotopes; toxicity; Mediterranean Sea; Spain
- ... Perfluoroalkyl substances (PFASs) are a class of organohalogenated compounds of environmental concern due to similar characteristics as the well-studied legacy persistent organic pollutants (POPs) that typically show environmental persistence, biomagnification and toxicity. Nevertheless, PFAS are still poorly regulated internationally and in many aspects poorly understood. Here, we studied liver a ...
- Peñalver, J., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Chemosphere 2019 v.229 pp. 580-588
- Stenella coeruleoalba; adults; arsenic; cadmium; coasts; lead; liver; mercury; pollutants; selenium; tissues; toxicity; Mediterranean Sea
- ... Mercury (Hg), cadmium (Cd), lead (Pb), selenium (Se) and arsenic (As) concentrations in internal tissues of 72 striped dolphins (Stenella coeruleoalba) from Murcia Region (Mediterranean coastline) have been investigated for the first time. Hg showed the highest concentration, followed by Se, Cd, As and Pb. In general, the levels of metal found in this study were similar to those described in simil ...