Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: david?
- Bailey-Davis, Lisa, et al. Show all 16 Authors
- Food policy 2018 v.81 pp. 58-66
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program; USDA; business enterprises; consumers (people); economic sustainability; healthy diet; interviews; issues and policy; landscapes
- ... To better understand rural corner store owners’ perceptions about the then proposed U.S. Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Retailer Rule.We conducted 32 interviews with rural corner store owners across six states in response to USDA's proposed rule. We asked owners about potential barriers to and facilitators of stocking healthier foods.Among the i ...
- Bailey-Davis, Lisa, et al. Show all 15 Authors
- Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics 2018 v.118 no.9 pp. 1664-1672
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program; USDA; databases; dietetics; equipment; food choices; food groups; food policy; healthy diet; ingredients; perishable foods; professionals; sales; staple foods; United States
- ... In 2016, the US Department of Agriculture (USDA)’s Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Retailer Rule proposed several changes for SNAP-authorized retailers, including: requiring retailers to have at least 85% of their food sales come from items that are not cooked or heated on site before or after purchase; requiring stores to stock seven varieties of qualifying foods from four staple ...