Jump to Main Content
- Irschik, Iris, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- European journal of wildlife research 2013 v.59 no.2 pp. 129-136
- Capreolus capreolus; Cervus dama; Cervus elaphus; Sus scrofa; copper; food sanitation; longissimus muscle; venison; wild boars
- ... Copper content in muscle and the presence of bullet fragments were assessed in samples from red deer (Cervus elaphus), roe deer (Capreolus capreolus), fallow deer (Dama dama) and wild boar (Sus scrofa) (total of 46 animals) which had been hunted with two types of solid copper bullets. Also, the release of copper from bullets or fragments remaining in muscle was tested. For bullet type “B”, a fragm ...
- Irschik, Iris, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- European journal of wildlife research 2012 v.58 no.6 pp. 991-995
- Alaria; Sus scrofa; meat carcasses; muscle tissues; wild boars; Austria
- ... From June 2011 to February 2012, a total of 451 wild boar carcasses from eastern regions of Austria were tested for the presence of Alaria alata mesocercariae by means of a migration technique. Mesocercariae were recovered from carcasses from the province of Lower Austria (25/337 carcasses) and the Burgenland (5/64), but not from Vienna (0/50). In positive samples (fatty and glandular tissue and m ...