Jump to Main Content
- Orden, Alejandro A., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of biotechnology 2017 v.251 pp. 14-20
- Capsicum annuum; Medicago sativa; NAD (coenzyme); Tessaria; biocatalysts; callus; chalcones; enzymes; green chemistry; models; roots; screening; tissue culture
- ... While many redox enzymes are nowadays available for synthetic applications, the toolbox of ene-reductases is still limited. Consequently, the screening for these enzymes from diverse sources in the search of new biocatalyst suitable for green chemistry approaches is needed. Among 13 plant tissue cultures, Medicago sativa and Tessaria absinthioides calli, as well as Capsicum annuum hairy roots, wer ...
- Orden, Alejandro A., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of hazardous materials 2016 v.305 pp. 149-155
- water pollution; Grindelia; Tessaria; cell culture; models; endosulfan sulfate; phytoremediation; plants (botany); diastereomers; indigenous species; phytomass; alcohols; metabolites
- ... Endosulfan is a Persistent Organic Pollutant insecticide still used in many countries. It is commercially available as mixtures of two diastereomers, α- and β-endosulfan, known as technical grade endosulfan (TGE). A laboratory model based on the use of axenic plant cell cultures to study the removal and metabolization of both isomers from contaminated water matrixes was established. No differences ...