Jump to Main Content
- Teffer, Amy K., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Marine biology 2015 v.162 no.9 pp. 1823-1840
- Coryphaena hippurus; Illex illecebrosus; Thunnus albacares; climate; diet; fisheries; foraging; ontogeny; quantitative analysis; squid; summer; trophic relationships; tuna; Atlantic Ocean; Massachusetts; New England region
- ... We present the first quantitative analyses of dolphinfish (Coryphaena hippurus) foraging habits and trophic interactions with co-occurring yellowfin (Thunnus albacares) and albacore (T. alalunga) tunas in the Southern New England region of the western North Atlantic Ocean. Fish caught by recreational anglers in offshore waters of Massachusetts were sampled during the summers of 2007–2010. Diet ana ...
- Teffer, Amy K., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Marine environmental research 2014 v.101 pp. 124-134
- Alopias vulpinus; Coryphaena hippurus; Isurus oxyrinchus; Thunnus alalunga; Thunnus albacares; United States Environmental Protection Agency; bioaccumulation; body size; diet; mercury; predators; sharks; tuna; New England region; Northwest Atlantic
- ... Trophic pathways and size-based bioaccumulation rates of total mercury were evaluated among recreationally caught albacore tuna (Thunnus alalunga), yellowfin tuna (Thunnus albacares), shortfin mako shark (Isurus oxyrinchus), thresher shark (Alopias vulpinus), and dolphinfish (Coryphaena hippurus) from offshore southern New England waters of the northwest Atlantic Ocean between 2008 and 2011. Mercu ...