Jump to Main Content
- Hughes, P. L.; Dubielzig, R. R.; Kazacos, K. R.
- larva migrans, etc ; pathological processes and conditions; Toxocara canis; New Zealand; Show all 4 Subjects
- ... Thirty-nine percent of 1,448 working sheep dogs were affected with varying degrees of multifocal retinal disease on ophthalmoscopic examination. Lesions consisted of localized areas of hyperreflexia in the tapetal fundus, often associated with hyperpigmentation. Severely affected animals had widespread heperreflexia with retinal vascular attenuation. Only 6% of 125 New Zealand dogs raised in urban ...
- Barron, C.N.; Saunders, L.Z.
- larva migrans, etc ; Toxocara canis; adults; brain; digestion; dogs; granuloma; humans; intestines; kidneys; larvae; liver; lungs; lymph nodes; myocardium; pancreas; retina; signs and symptoms (animals and humans); skeletal muscle; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... It has been known that in the course of their migration, Toxocara canis larvae wander widely through various tissues of the dog. It has also been known, from experimental infections, that some of these larvae are arrested in the course of their migration and remain in visceral tissues unable to either develop or proceed further. These facts were established from digestion experiments, and the effe ...