Jump to Main Content
- Appleton, K. M., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Nutrition bulletin 2019 v.44 no.2 pp. 138-144
- cafeterias; energy content; field experimentation; food choices; foods; ingredients; models; nutrient content; nutrient requirements; nutrition labeling; questionnaires; saturated fats; Denmark; France; Greece; United Kingdom
- ... Compared to meals prepared at home, meals eaten out of home tend to contain more energy, total fat and saturated fat and it is here where consumers can have very little knowledge of the nutrient profile of the dish they are eating. The aim of the European Union‐funded FoodSMART project (www.foodsmartproject.net) was to develop an innovative technical menu solution ‘app’ that enables informed consu ...
- Appleton, K. M., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of human nutrition and dietetics 2018 v.31 no.1 pp. 121-130
- foods; portion size; questionnaires; vegetable consumption; vegetables; United Kingdom
- ... BACKGROUND: This project aimed to understand the details of the 5‐a‐day fruit and vegetable (FV) message (which foods are included, portion sizes, the need for variety, reasons for consumption) least known by UK consumers, and most associated with low FV consumption. METHODS: Study 1 assessed FV consumption, knowledge of the details of the message, and relationships between these, using a short qu ...