Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: david?
- Davis, Andrew K., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Annals of the Entomological Society of America 2015 v.108 no.5 pp. 664-669
- Asclepias; Danaus plexippus; adults; breeding; databases; overwintering; people; regression analysis; spring; Canada; Mexico; United States
- ... Declines in overwintering colonies of monarch butterflies (Danaus plexxipus) in Mexico raise questions about other life cycle phases, such as spring migration, where monarchs recolonize their breeding range in the United States and Canada with sequential generations. We used data from a long-term citizen science program, “Journey North” (now with 18 yr), to identify possible changes to the recolon ...
- DAVIS, ANDREW K.
- Insect conservation and diversity 2012 v.5 no.2 pp. 101-105
- Danaus plexippus; breeding sites; fecundity; winter; United States
- ... 1. The status of the eastern North American monarch butterfly population is a highly sensitive issue, given that winter and breeding habitats are being lost at an alarming rate each year, and because of this, most believe the population to be declining, although there has been little empirical data to support this idea. In a recent forum article of this journal, Brower et al. (2011) report a stati ...