Jump to Main Content
- Saphores, Jean-Daniel M., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Resources, Conservation & Recycling 2014 v.92 pp. 1-10
- African Americans; attitudes and opinions; data collection; glass; households; issues and policy; logit analysis; metals; national surveys; odds ratio; plastics; prices; recycling; socioeconomic factors; wastes; young adults; United States
- ... This paper analyzes a unique dataset collected during a 2006 national survey of U.S. households to explore the effectiveness of common household recycling policies for metals, glass, and plastics: curbside recycling, drop-off recycling, deposit–refund systems (bottle bills), and marginal pricing for household waste. After estimating either generalized ordered logit or multinomial logit models, we ...
- Saphores, Jean-Daniel M., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Resources, conservation, and recycling 2012 v.60 pp. 49-63
- data collection; education; electronic wastes; gender; households; income; logit analysis; marital status; models; national surveys; nationalities and ethnic groups; psychology; recycling; sociodemographic characteristics; toxicity; United States
- ... Using concepts from environmental psychology and economics, we investigate U.S. households’ willingness to engage in a form of pro-environmental behavior: recycling electronic waste (e-waste) at drop-off locations. We rely on rich dataset from a 2006 national survey of U.S. households (N=2136). Our internal variables include a modified version of the New Ecological Paradigm scale, a moral norm sca ...