Jump to Main Content
- Roberto Scalzo; Massimo Morassut; Paolo Rapisarda
- Open life sciences 2011 v.7 no.1 pp. 146-158
- Vitis vinifera; acids; electron paramagnetic resonance spectroscopy; free radical scavengers; fructose; glucose; grapes; oxygen; pH; polyphenols; red wines; superoxide anion; temperature; white wines
- ... The aim of the present study was the evaluation of the antioxidant content in phenolic and non-phenolic extracts of ten wine samples, trying to elucidate the potential role of unusual antioxidant compounds. Samples of wines processed from red and white grapes (Vitis vinifera L.), deprived of the volatile fraction at low temperature and buffered at physiological pH, were fractionated by C18 into tw ...
- Y.‐J. Wei; S.‐R. Zhao; J.‐M. Li; B. Xue
- Australian journal of grape and wine research 2016 v.22 no.2 pp. 226-231
- Vitis vinifera; antioxidant activity; electron paramagnetic resonance spectroscopy; grapes; health promotion; hydroxyl radicals; leaves; models; nitric oxide; roots; seeds; stems; stilbenes; tissues; viniferins
- ... BACKGROUND AND AIMS: Stilbenes are an important group of phenolic substances that exist in roots, stems, leaves, skins and seeds. But little work has been performed to characterise the composition of grape root or to measure the antioxidant capacity of several stilbenes with hydroxyl radicals,1,1‐diphenyl‐2‐picrylhydrazyl and nitric oxide free radicals. METHODS AND RESULTS: Stilbenes were analysed ...