Jump to Main Content
- Zhao, S., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- South African journal of botany 2015 v.97 pp. 111-116
- Vitis vinifera; anthocyanins; beta-fructofuranosidase; bud sport; cell walls; cultivars; genes; metabolism; mutants; mutation; pericarp; pulp; reducing sugars; ripening; sucrose; table grapes
- ... ‘Early-ripening Benitaka’ (Vitis vinifera), a bud sport of ‘Benitaka’ was found in 2008, which ripens earlier than its parental line. Differences in sugar and anthocyanin content and the relevant sucrose and anthocyanin metabolic enzymes for the two cultivars were investigated during fruit ripening.The mutation made berry size, reducing sugar of pulp and anthocyanin of pericarp increases during fr ...
- Zhao, S.‐R., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Australian journal of grape and wine research 2016 v.22 no.2 pp. 226-231
- Vitis vinifera; antioxidant activity; electron paramagnetic resonance spectroscopy; grapes; health promotion; hydroxyl radicals; leaves; models; nitric oxide; roots; seeds; stems; stilbenes; tissues; viniferins
- ... BACKGROUND AND AIMS: Stilbenes are an important group of phenolic substances that exist in roots, stems, leaves, skins and seeds. But little work has been performed to characterise the composition of grape root or to measure the antioxidant capacity of several stilbenes with hydroxyl radicals,1,1‐diphenyl‐2‐picrylhydrazyl and nitric oxide free radicals. METHODS AND RESULTS: Stilbenes were analysed ...