Jump to Main Content
- Balakrishnan, N.; Alexander, K.; Keene, B.; Kolluru, S.; Fauls, M.L.; Rawdon, I.; Breitschwerdt, E.B.
- Journal of veterinary cardiology 2016 v.18 no.3 pp. 271-277
- Weimaraner, etc ; Actinomyces; bacteria; case studies; dog diseases; dogs; endocarditis; inflammation; pathogens; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... Infective endocarditis, an inflammation of the endocardial surface due to invasion by an infectious agent, is more common in middle sized to large breed dogs. We herein report a case of mitral valve endocarditis in a 9-year-old male-castrated Weimaraner caused by an Actinomyces canis-like bacterium, not previously reported in association with infection in dogs. ...
- Sebbag, Lionel; Smee, Nicole; van der Merwe, Deon; Schmid, Dustin
- Journal of the American Animal Hospital Association 2013 v.49 no.5 pp. 342-346
- Weimaraner, etc ; Microcystis; Silybum marianum; adenosylmethionine; blood; case studies; disease control; disease diagnosis; dog diseases; dogs; females; hematologic tests; ingestion; lakes; liver failure; methionine; oral exposure; patients; phycotoxins; poisoning; spaying; summer; swimming; vitamin K; vomiting; water pollution; water quality analysis; Show all 27 Subjects
- ... A 2.5 yr old spayed female Weimaraner presented after ingestion of blue-green algae (Microcystis spp.). One day prior to presentation, the patient was swimming at a local lake known to be contaminated with high levels of blue-green algae that was responsible for deaths of several other dogs the same summer. The patient presented 24 hr after exposure with vomiting, inappetence, weakness, and lethar ...