Jump to Main Content
- Rayburn, E. B., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Agronomy journal 2009 v.101 no.6 pp. 1497-1502
- sowing date; no-tillage; crop yield; seasonal variation; field experimentation; grasslands; interspecific variation; perennials; dry matter accumulation; glyphosate; prescribed burning; annuals; forage grasses; forage quality; cool season grasses; nitrogen fertilizers; fertilizer rates; cropping systems; West Virginia
- ... Summer (SAS) and fall annual species (FAS) can supplement animal forage requirements during times of slow growth of cool-season perennials. A 2-yr experiment was conducted in a perennial grassland (G) at the Reedsville Experimental Farm of West Virginia University to determine herbage accumulation (HA) and quality of two summer and two fall crops (in factorial combination) grown on the same land. ...
- Rayburn, E. B., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Forage and grazinglands 2008 v.6 no.1 pp. 0
- acid detergent fiber; beef cows; calves; carbohydrates; crude protein; dairy cows; diet; farms; grazing; heifers; lactation; neutral detergent fiber; nutrients; nutritional adequacy; nutritive value; pastures; yearlings; New York; West Virginia
- ... An on-farm study was conducted to measure the effect of forage nutrive value and utilization on diet quality selected by cattle grazing rotationally stocked pastures. In New York 20 paddocks on three farms were grazed by lactating dairy cows or heifers, and in West Virginia 47 paddocks on four farms were grazed by lactating beef cows and calves or yearlings. Most pastures were grazed for one to th ...