Jump to Main Content
- Ventura-Juárez, Javier, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Biotechnology letters 2017 v.39 no.8 pp. 1149-1157
- hamsters; transgenes; Komagataella pastoris; antigens; glycosylation; antibodies; polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis; polymerase chain reaction; recombinant fusion proteins; Entamoeba histolytica; staining; Western blotting; clones; plasmids; synthetic genes; vaccines; immunization; Pseudomonas aeruginosa; exotoxins
- ... OBJECTIVE: To generate an immunogenic chimeric protein containing the Entamoeba histolytica LC3 fragment fused to the retrograde delivery domains of exotoxin A of Pseudomonas aeruginosa and KDEL3 for use as an effective vaccine. RESULTS: A codon-optimized synthetic gene encoding the PEΔIII-LC3-KDEL3 fusion construct was designed for expression in Pichia pastoris. This transgene was subcloned into ...
- VENTURA-JUÁREZ, JAVIER, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Parasitology 2017 v.144 no.4 pp. 384-393
- Entamoeba histolytica; Western blotting; alanine transaminase; alkaline phosphatase; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; blood serum; caspase-3; catalase; defense mechanisms; etiological agents; gamma-glutamyltransferase; glycogen; glycogen (starch) synthase; hamsters; heme oxygenase (biliverdin-producing); interleukin-1beta; liver; liver abscess; necrosis; neoplasms; oxidative stress; superoxide dismutase; tau-protein kinase; toxicity; transcription factor NF-kappa B; tumor necrosis factor-alpha
- ... Entamoeba histolytica is the causative agent of amoebic liver abscess (ALA), which course with an uncontrolled inflammation and nitro-oxidative stresses, although it is well known that amoeba has an effective defence mechanisms against this toxic environment, the underlying molecular factors responsible for progression of tissue damage remain largely unknown. The purpose of the present study was t ...