Jump to Main Content
- Zuo, Xiaobing, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Biomacromolecules 2016 v.17 no.5 pp. 1854-1859
- Gram-negative bacteria; X-radiation; amino acids; antibacterial properties; antibiotic resistance; cell death; fluorescence microscopy; multiple drug resistance; pathogens; peptides; protein-protein interactions; public health
- ... As one of the greatest threats facing the 21st century, antibiotic resistance is now a major public health concern. Host-defense peptides (HDPs) offer an alternative approach to combat emerging multi-drug-resistant bacteria. It is known that helical HDPs such as magainin 2 and its analogs adopt cationic amphipathic conformations upon interaction with bacterial membranes, leading to membrane disrup ...
- PubMed Central:
- Zuo, Xiaobing, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Organic letters 2015 v.17 no.14 pp. 3524-3527
- X-radiation; amino acids; chemical reactions; chemical structure; circular dichroism spectroscopy; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; organic compounds; peptides; temperature
- ... A new class of unnatural heterogeneous foldamers is reported to contain alternative α-amino acid and sulfono-γ-AA amino acid residues in a 1:1 repeat pattern. Two-dimensional NMR data show that two 1:1 α/sulfono-γ-AA peptides with diverse side chains form analogous right-handed helical structures in solution. The effects of sequence length, side chain, N-capping, and temperature on folding propens ...