Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: salem?
- Abboud, Salim, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Compost science & utilization 2013 v.21 no.1 pp. 47-63
- MSW composts; X-ray diffraction; chromium; composting; copper; corrosion; energy-dispersive X-ray analysis; feedstocks; gas chromatography; lead; lighting; mass transfer; municipal solid waste; pH; scanning electron microscopes; stainless steel; tin; weight loss; zinc
- ... The trace metal content of municipal solid waste (MSW) compost represents a potential environmental concern. In this research, the effect of the composting environment on the corrosion of typical metal contaminant types found in the organic fraction of MSW was investigated. Selection of contaminants was based upon their trace metal content and their prevalence in MSW. For instance, galvanized nail ...
- Abboud, Salim, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Compost science & utilization 2011 v.19 no.2 pp. 79-86
- X-ray diffraction; alfalfa hay; aluminum; compost quality; composting; corrosion; industry; lighting; municipal solid waste; research methods; scanning electron microscopes; stainless steel; straw; weight loss; zinc
- ... A concern regarding MSW compost quality is the trace metal content. A study was initiated to assess the impact of various metal contaminants on compost quality. One critical step in the study was to estimate metal transfer during composting, which was achieved by measuring the corrosion rate of different contaminants during the high rate composting stage for 3 weeks using alfalfa hay and straw as ...