Jump to Main Content
- COLEMAN, J.S., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Photosynthetica 1998 v.34 no.1 pp. 13-20
- Zea mays; carbon; carbon dioxide; corn; fluorescence; heat stress; in vitro studies; oxygen evolving complex; phosphoenolpyruvate carboxylase; proteins; stomatal movement
- ... Photosystem 2 (PS2) in general, and the oxygen-evolving complex (OEC) in particular, is one of the most thermolabile components of photosynthesis. We examined the effects of heat stress on net photosynthetic rate (PN) and content of several stromal and thylakoid-membrane proteins (including OEC proteins) in maize (Zea mays L.) in order to determine if decreases in PN during, and especially after, ...
- Coleman, J.S., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Oecologia 1996 v.105 no.3 pp. 413-418
- Zea mays; heat stress; nitrogen; nutrient availability; heat shock proteins; mitochondria; chloroplasts; biological production; photosynthesis