Jump to Main Content
- Destro, T., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of plant physiology 2007 v.164 no.11 pp. 1527-1535
- Zea mays; corn; aminoacyltransferases; enzyme activity; tissue distribution
- ... Gamma-glutamyl transferase/transpeptidase (GGT, (5-l-glutamyl)-peptide:amino-acid 5-glutamyltransferase; EC 18.104.22.168.) is an ectoenzyme promoting the cleavage of the gamma-glutamyl moiety of glutathione (GSH) and gamma-glutamyl related compounds. In this work, we describe the localization of GGT by enzymehistochemical and immunohistochemical analysis in maize plants. Our results show that the tissu ...
- Destro, T., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of experimental botany 2003 v.54 no.384 pp. 1023-1031
- Zea mays; nitrates; nutrient transport; plant physiology; adenosinetriphosphatase; nitrogen; nutrient availability; complementary DNA; nucleotide sequences; roots; leaves; isozymes; messenger RNA; amino acid sequences
- ... Two maize genotypes differently responsive to nitrogen availability were characterized for their efficiency in nitrate accumulation via both the LATS (Low-Affinity Transport System) and HATS (High-Affinity Transport System) nitrate uptake systems. In addition, a full-length cDNA encoding a putative high-affinity nitrate transporter (ZmNrt2.1) was isolated and its expression evaluated in both the r ...