Jump to Main Content
- Lili Fu; Deguan Tan; Xuepiao Sun; Zehong Ding; Jiaming Zhang
- Plant physiology and biochemistry 2020 v.155 pp. 512-522
- Lemna gibba; abiotic stress; abscisic acid; auxins; bioenergy; brassinosteroids; calcium; cell walls; flowering; germplasm conservation; gibberellic acid; heterosis; jasmonic acid; lipid metabolism; nitrogen metabolism; photosynthesis; salicylic acid; sewage treatment; starch; transcription (genetics)
- ... Duckweed is a simple aquatic floating plant having great potential in sewage treatment and bioenergy production. Duckweed rarely flowers in nature, which greatly limits its germplasm collection, conservation, and heterosis usage. Salicylic acid (SA) can efficiently induce flowering of duckweed (e.g., Lemna gibba); however, the related genes and regulatory networks remain unclear. In this work, we ...
- Zhi-Juan Feng; Zhao-Shi Xu; Jiutong Sun; Lian-Cheng Li; Ming Chen; Guang-Xiao Yang; Guang-Yuan He; You-Zhi Ma
- Plant cell reports 2016 v.35 no.1 pp. 115-128
- drought tolerance; phylogeny; drought; genes; oxidative stress; bioenergy; homeostasis; Setaria italica; tissues; transcription factors; plant development; germination; gene overexpression; water content; root growth; abiotic stress; enzyme activity; tobacco; stress tolerance; crop models; survival rate; stress response; ripening; abscisic acid; chlorophyll; crops
- ... KEY MESSAGE : Six foxtail millet ASR genes were regulated by various stress-related signals. Overexpression of ASR1 increased drought and oxidative tolerance by controlling ROS homeostasis and regulating oxidation-related genes in tobacco plants. Abscisic acid stress ripening (ASR) proteins with ABA/WDS domains constituted a class of plant-specific transcription factors, playing important roles in ...