Jump to Main Content
- Brickner, A.E., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of dairy science 2009 v.92 no.10 pp. 4954-4961
- fatty liver; dairy cows; cattle diseases; liver; application methods; adipose tissue; triacylglycerols; therapeutics; linseed oil; lipolysis; abomasum
- ... The objective was to determine the effects of abomasal infusion of linseed oil on liver triglyceride (TG) accumulation and adipose tissue lipolysis during an experimental protocol for induction of fatty liver. Eight nonpregnant, nonlactating Holstein cows were randomly assigned to treatments in a replicated 4 x 4 Latin square design. Treatments were abomasal infusion of water (W), tallow (T), lins ...
- Brickner, A.E., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of dairy science 2008 v.91 no.4 pp. 1378-1390
- abomasum; linseed oil; glucose; insulin; Holstein; dairy cows; cow feeding; free fatty acids; tallow; omega-3 fatty acids; lipemic effect; nutrition physiology; nutrition research; ruminant nutrition
- ... The objective was to study the effects of abomasal infusion of linseed oil, a source rich in n-3 C18:3, on whole-body response to insulin (experiment 1) and on insulin antilipolytic effects during feed restriction (experiment 2). In experiment 1, eight nonlactating, non-gestating cows were assigned to a crossover design, fed to meet maintenance requirements, and infused abomasally with either lins ...