Jump to Main Content
- LI, Lian-cheng, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Journal of integrative agriculture 2017 v.16 no.3 pp. 559-571
- Arabidopsis; RNA; Setaria italica; abscisic acid; apical meristems; biosynthesis; crops; drought; drought tolerance; gene expression regulation; gene overexpression; genes; genomics; homeostasis; nutrition; phylogeny; proline; protoplasts; roots; salinity; salt stress; seed germination; signal transduction; stress response; stress tolerance; surface area; transcription factors; transport proteins; water stress
- ... Foxtail millet (Setaria italica (L.) P. Beauv) is a naturally stress tolerant crop. Compared to other gramineous crops, it has relatively stronger drought and lower nutrition stress tolerance traits. To date, the scope of functional genomics research in foxtail millet (S. italic L.) has been quite limited. NAC (NAM, ATAF1/2 and CUC2)-like transcription factors are known to be involved in various b ...
- Li, Lian-Cheng, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Plant cell reports 2016 v.35 no.1 pp. 115-128
- drought tolerance; phylogeny; drought; genes; oxidative stress; bioenergy; homeostasis; Setaria italica; tissues; transcription factors; plant development; germination; gene overexpression; water content; root growth; abiotic stress; enzyme activity; tobacco; stress tolerance; crop models; survival rate; stress response; ripening; abscisic acid; chlorophyll; crops
- ... KEY MESSAGE : Six foxtail millet ASR genes were regulated by various stress-related signals. Overexpression of ASR1 increased drought and oxidative tolerance by controlling ROS homeostasis and regulating oxidation-related genes in tobacco plants. Abscisic acid stress ripening (ASR) proteins with ABA/WDS domains constituted a class of plant-specific transcription factors, playing important roles in ...