Jump to Main Content
- Azai, Chihiro; Kim, Kwang; Kondo, Toru; Harada, Jiro; Itoh, Shigeru; Oh-oka, Hirozo
- Biochimica et biophysica acta 2011 v.1807 no.7 pp. 803-812
- histidine, etc ; Chlorobium tepidum; DNA; absorption; bacteria; chromatography; electron paramagnetic resonance spectroscopy; electron transfer; gene duplication; genes; homologous recombination; mutants; site-directed mutagenesis; solubilization; spectral analysis; sulfur; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... The 6xHis-tag-pscA gene, which was genetically engineered to express N-terminally histidine (His)-tagged PscA, was inserted into a coding region of the recA gene in the green sulfur bacterium Chlorobaculum tepidum (C. tepidum). Although the inactivation of the recA gene strongly suppressed a homologous recombination in C. tepidum genomic DNA, the mutant grew well under normal photosynthetic condit ...
- Buche, A.; Ramirez, J. M.; Picorel, R.
- European journal of biochemistry 2000 v.267 no.11 pp. 3235-3243
- histidine, etc ; Ectothiorhodospira; absorption; bacteria; high performance liquid chromatography; pH; spectral analysis; titration; urea; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... The aim of this study was to investigate the spectral modifications of the LHII antenna complex from the purple bacterium Ectothiorhodospira sp. upon acid pH titration both in the presence and absence of urea. A blue shift specifically and reversibly affected the B850 band around pHâ5.5â6.0 suggesting that a histidine residue most probably participated in the in vivo absorption red shifting me ...