Jump to Main Content
- Allyson S. D. Eller; Lindsay L. Young; Amy M. Trowbridge; Russell K. Monson
- Oecologia 2016 v.180 no.2 pp. 345-358
- Pinus ponderosa; acetaldehyde; acetone; carbon dioxide; climate; coniferous forests; drought; emissions; leaves; methanol; monsoon season; photosynthesis; sap flow; stomatal conductance; summer; temperature; trees; volatile organic compounds
- ... Drought has the potential to influence the emission of biogenic volatile organic compounds (BVOCs) from forests and thus affect the oxidative capacity of the atmosphere. Our understanding of these influences is limited, in part, by a lack of field observations on mature trees and the small number of BVOCs monitored. We studied 50- to 60-year-old Pinus ponderosa trees in a semi-arid forest that exp ...
- Agata Dąbrowska; Jacek Nawrocki
- Science of the total environment 2013 v.452-453 pp. 1-9
- acetone; correlation; rivers; solar radiation; drought; acetaldehyde; ozone; pollutants; river water; wet deposition; surface water; formaldehyde
- ... The process of pollutants removal from the atmosphere can be responsible for the appearance of aldehydes in surface waters. We observed that formaldehyde, acetaldehyde, propanal, glyoxal, methylglyoxal and acetone were commonly present in precipitations as well as in surface water samples, while semi-volatile and poorly soluble aldehydes as nonanal and decanal were observed seasonally. Particularl ...
- Asensio, D.; Peñuelas, J.; Prieto, P.; Estiarte, M.; Filella, I.; Llusià, J.
- European journal of soil science 2008 v.59 no.5 pp. 878-891
- acetaldehyde; acetates; acetic acid; acetone; drought; emissions; foliar uptake; inventories; methanol; monoterpenoids; phenology; roots; seasonal variation; shrublands; soil ecology; soil temperature; soil water; volatile organic compounds
- ... Information about soil VOC inventories and exchange rates in different soils is very scarce. Seasonality of soil VOC exchange rates is also largely unknown, despite the increasing interest in some soil volatile compounds, such as monoterpenes, because of their important role in soil ecology. We aimed to explore and quantify soil VOC exchange rates in a Mediterranean shrubland and their seasonality ...