Jump to Main Content
- Vieira, Lucas Campos Curcino, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of Chromatography B 2014 v.968 pp. 87-93
- Alzheimer disease; acetylcholinesterase; cholinesterase; chromatography; coumarin; drugs; ligands; models; patients; screening; silica
- ... The discovery of selective inhibitors for acetylcholinesterase (AChE) or butyrylcholinesterase (BChE) is extremely important for the development of drugs that can be used in the treatment of patients diagnosed with the Alzheimer's disease (AD). For this reason, there is a growing interest in developing rapid and effective assays techniques for cholinesterases (ChE) enzymes ligand screening. Herein ...
- Curcino Vieira, Lucas Campos, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Talanta 2013 v.116 pp. 647-652
- Alzheimer disease; acetylcholinesterase; bioreactors; central nervous system; chromatography; insecticides; ligands; plant extracts; screening
- ... The use of immobilized capillary enzyme reactors (ICERs) and enzymes coated to magnetic beads ((NT or CT)-MB) for ligand screening has been adopted as a new technique of high throughput screening (HTS). In this work the selected target was the enzyme acetylcholinesterase (AChE), which acts on the central nervous system and is a validated target for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease, as well as ...
- PubMed Central: