Jump to Main Content
- Nazari, Forouzan; Goli, Mohammad
- Food science and biotechnology 2017 v.26 no.1 pp. 49-53
- peroxide value, etc ; Katsuwonus pelamis; acidity; fish; hydrolysis; oxidation; potassium chloride; shelf life; sodium chloride; soybean oil; thiobarbituric acid; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... The effects of replacing oil with water (0, 3, 6, and 10% based on total net weight of the product) and replacing NaCl with KCl (0, 50, and 100%) at different replacement levels were surveyed. Hydrolysis (acidity number), peroxide value, and thiobarbituric acid (TBA) index were evaluated at the end of the 18-month shelf life in canned skipjack tuna fish. Results showed that the TBA index was not a ...
- PubMed Central:
- Wroniak, Małgorzata; Rękas, Agnieszka
- Journal of food science and technology 2016 v.53 no.2 pp. 1338-1347
- peroxide value, etc ; acidity; ambient temperature; fatty acid composition; glass; households; nutritive value; oxygen; packaging materials; phytosterols; polyethylene terephthalates; rapeseed oil; shelf life; storage; storage temperature; storage time; tocopherols; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... The effect of various conditions (storage temperature, exposure to light, access of oxygen) and different packaging material (amber glass, amber polyethylene terephthalate) on the nutritional value of cold-pressed rapeseed oil during 12 months of storage was investigated. Quantified quality parameters included: acidity, peroxide value, spectrophotometric indices (K ₂₃₂ , K ₂₆₈), fatty acid composi ...
- PubMed Central:
- Estrada, J. D.; Boeneke, C.; Bechtel, P.; Sathivel, S.
- Journal of dairy science 2011 v.94 no.12 pp. 5760
- peroxide value, etc ; acidity; color; docosahexaenoic acid; eicosapentaenoic acid; emulsions; esters; fish oils; food fortification; fortified foods; free fatty acids; gum arabic; homogenization; industry; lactic acid bacteria; maltodextrins; marine fish; microencapsulation; omega-3 fatty acids; oxidation; pH; pasteurization; salmon; storage quality; storage time; strawberries; thiobarbituric acid-reactive substances; water content; yogurt; Show all 29 Subjects
- ... Fortified dairy products appeal to a wide variety of consumers and have the potential to increase sales in the yogurt industry and help increase intake of longchain n-3 fatty acids. The objectives of this study were to develop a strawberry yogurt containing microencapsulated salmon oil (MSO; 2% wt/vol) and evaluate its characteristics during 1 mo of storage. Unpurified salmon oil (USO) was purifie ...