Jump to Main Content
- Linga R. Gutha; Divakar Purushottam; Aruna Veeramachaneni; Sarita Tigulla; Vikas Kodappully; Chandana Enjala; Hitendrasinh Rajput; Jennifer Anderson; Bonnie Hong; Jean Schmidt; Shveta Bagga
- Transgenic research 2018 v.27 no.4 pp. 331-342
- actin; corn; crops; developmental stages; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; field experimentation; genotype; glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase; growing season; hybrids; leaves; models; peptide elongation factors; plant tissues; safety assessment; transgenic plants; India
- ... Genetically modified (GM) crops undergo large scale multi-location field trials to characterize agronomics, composition, and the concentration of newly expressed protein(s) [herein referred to as transgenic protein(s)]. The concentration of transgenic proteins in different plant tissues and across the developmental stages of the plant is considered in the safety assessment of GM crops. Reference o ...
- Giancarlo Perrone; Miriam Haidukowski; Gaetano Stea; Filomena Epifani; Ranajit Bandyopadhyay; John F. Leslie; Antonio Logrieco
- Food microbiology 2014 v.41 pp. 52-59
- Aspergillus flavus; Aspergillus tamarii; actin; acute toxicity; aflatoxin G1; calmodulin; carcinogens; chronic exposure; corn; crops; farmers; farms; genes; markets; multilocus sequence typing; population structure; risk; sclerotia; tubulin; Eastern Africa; Ghana; Nigeria
- ... Aflatoxins are highly toxic carcinogens that contaminate crops worldwide. Previous studies conducted in Nigeria and Ghana found high concentrations of aflatoxins in pre- and post-harvest maize. However, little information is available on the population structure of Aspergillus Sect. Flavi in West Africa. We determined the incidence of Aspergillus Sect. Flavi and the level of aflatoxin contaminatio ...