Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: bovin?
- Bolin Liu, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Protist 2012 v.163 no.5 pp. 746-754
- Dinophyceae; RNA; actin; chromatography; gels; light harvesting complex; phosphoproteins; polyketide synthases; protein phosphorylation; titanium dioxide
- ... The dinoflagellate Lingulodinium has a large number of daily rhythms, many of which have no biochemical correlates. We examined the possibility that changes in protein phosphorylation may mediate some of the rhythmic changes by comparing proteins prepared from midday (LD6) and midnight (LD18) cultures. We used two different methods, one a 2D gel protocol in which phosphoproteins were identified af ...
- Kelsey Bolin, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Developmental biology 2016 v.412 pp. 83-98
- Drosophila; actin; animals; apoptosis; carcinogenesis; cell viability; cytoskeleton; epithelium; extracellular matrix; gain-of-function mutation; homozygosity; insulin; microRNA; mitogen-activated protein kinase; neoplasms; wings
- ... The miR-200 microRNA family plays important tumor suppressive roles. The sole Drosophila miR-200 ortholog, miR-8 plays conserved roles in Wingless, Notch and Insulin signaling – pathways linked to tumorigenesis, yet homozygous null animals are viable and often appear morphologically normal. We observed that wing tissues mosaic for miR-8 levels by genetic loss or gain of function exhibited patterns ...
- PubMed Central:
- Steven R. Bolin, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of virological methods 2017 v.248 pp. 44-53
- nose; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; Equid alphaherpesvirus 1; fibrosis; DNA primers; DNA; cell culture; epithelial cells; genome; lymphocytes; pathogenesis; tissues; viral load; actin; Equid gammaherpesvirus 5; horses
- ... Equine herpesvirus 5 (EHV-5) infection is associated with pulmonary fibrosis in horses, but further studies on EHV-5 persistence in equine cells are needed to fully understand viral and host contributions to disease pathogenesis. Our aim was to develop a quantitative PCR (qPCR) assay to measure EHV-5 viral copy number in equine cell cultures, blood lymphocytes, and nasal swabs of horses. Furthermo ...