Jump to Main Content
- Park, Jong-Ho, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Energy & Fuels 2012 v.26 no.4 pp. 2168-2174
- acetone; activated carbon; adsorption; butanes; diesel fuel; distillation; energy efficiency; heat; hexane; methanol; separation; silica; solvents; sulfur; volatilization
- ... A three-step process for producing ultralow sulfur diesel (S concentration < 10 ppm) is experimentally investigated, consisting of (1) the separation of sulfone in diesel (S concentration > 150 ppm) by adsorption on silica and the subsequent regeneration of silica using a polar solvent, (2) the separation of sulfone in methanol by adsorption on activated carbon and the subsequent regeneration of a ...
- Park, Jong-Ho, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Energy 2012 v.47 no.1 pp. 25-30
- Chlorella; activated carbon; biomass; boiling point; catalysts; catalytic activity; decarboxylation; fuels; hydrocarbons; microalgae; oils; oleic acid; oxygen; platinum; pyrolysis; silica; temperature; transportation
- ... Deoxygenation of microalgal oil obtained by pyrolysis of microalgae was carried out for the production of hydrocarbon fuel from biomass by metal supported catalyst. Oleic acid was used as a model reactant to select an optimized catalyst. Effects of support, metal species, and metal loading on catalytic performance were investigated. Activated carbon showed better performance than silica as a suppo ...