Jump to Main Content
- Lv, Xiao-mei, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Environmental technology 2017 v.38 no.15 pp. 1835-1842
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; X-ray diffraction; activated sludge; calcium phosphates; environmental technology; pH; phosphorus; temperature
- ... In the present study, quick-lime-based thermal-alkaline sludge disintegration (SD) under low temperature was combined with cryptic growth to investigate the excess sludge reduction efficiency in the sequencing batch reactor (SBR). The optimized condition of SD was as follows: T = 80℃, pH = 11, t = 180 min, and the SD rate was about 42.1%. With 65.6% of excess sludge disintegrated and returned to t ...
- Lv, Xiao-mei, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2014 v.170 pp. 230-238
- DNA; activated sludge; adsorption; bioreactors; carbon nitrogen ratio; filterability; fouling; hydrophobicity; nitrifying bacteria; organic matter; polymerase chain reaction; sequence analysis; turbidity; viscosity
- ... Autotrophic nitrifying bacteria have its intrinsic properties including low EPS production, dense colonial structure and slow-growth rate, favoring the sludge filterability improvement. An adsorption-MBR (Ad-MBR) was developed to enrich nitrifier abundance in the MBR chamber by inlet C/N regulation, and its possible positive effect on sludge filterability and underlying mechanisms were investigate ...